Wednesday, November 19, 2008

After spending 11 sleepless hours on the bloody plane with my grandma and my annoying brother(who is actually older than me)...I have arrived at Cairo airport! We were received by a guy namedHassan who was the tour operator of the tour company called "Royal Way Tours",he really looks like Barack Obama....

As my family and I were lining up to get our passports chopped,i looked over to the second line and I saw a girl who was around my age and i winked to her...kinda hot..(think shes from hong kong or something)...

Now let me give the condition of Cairo...
1.there are NO rampaging mummies(dang!stupid hollywood)
2.the streets somehow look like the streets of wartorn Somalia in the movie "Black Hawk Down"...except for the cars...
3.although the country doesnt look as modern as Malaysia,but the security there is way better than the condition here(in Malaysia)why?because even low ranking policemen,as well as tourist policemen were carrying AK -47's and UZi's...which werent carried by our police(when did you last see a policemen with a say,handgun?)
4.speaking of security,there is a shack where two policemen sit and observe the situation for any crime evey 50 metres or so...

Back to the story,We arrived at the Inter continental hotel where we put our lugage and had breakfast(which wasnt that bad...but still pretty bad..).After that,we went to the egyptian museum and learnt a lot of things about the ancient egyptians tracing back to a few thousand years(which is exactly the same time i would take to finish this if I told you everything I saw and learnt..). I learnt so much about one mummy ,who was the youngest king to be in a sarcophagus(tomb),his name was tutankhamun.Heck,I learnt so much about him,I could be his biographer!

Soon,we were having lunch which wasnt very appetising...1st dish,raw cucumbers,2nd dish,anchovies,3rd dish,tomato soup thats slimy,4th dish,rubbery squid.....kudos to the chef! he managed to stay at the restaurant for so long..

Then,we went to the mosque with our guide who is egyptian ,muslim and he speaks excellent mandarin(yes,one that is better than mine and yours),his name turned out to be Muhammed.There,he taught us about the islamic religion and the customs...

After that,we went to the Khan el khali bazaar to buy souvenirs,but nothing seemed to grab my attention,so i didnt buy anything

Later,we went on a short cruise and we had dinner there,after the dinner,we had a belly dancer to (what else?) dance ...anbd then we had a dude who uses his incredibly long skirt to spin in circles(yeah,very interesting)
signing off now.....(need to sleep...legs tired....ohh,the horror..the pain!!!)

No comments: